Soccer News NetBig Apple SoccerLA Soccer NewsChicagoland Soccer NewsDallas Soccer NewsPhilly Soccer NewsNew England Soccer NewsLA Soccer News HomeD.C. Soccer NewsSunshine Soccer News


August 12, 2015
Union, Sporting KC advance to final

CHESTER, Pa.---The Philadelphia Union advanced to the final of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup for the second straight year, defeating the Chicago Fire 1-0 at PPL Park Wednesday night.

Sebastien Le Toux gave the Union the only goal they needed, in the 74th minute, on a solo effort, taking the ball on the right side, and dribbling along the top of the penalty area, following the white line almost perfectly before shooting from the corner of the penalty arc.

The Frenchman recorded his 15th career goal in the U.S. Open Cup, making him the modern day leader in that category. Le Toux also has eight career assists in this tournament.

The Union will host the final for the second straight year at PPL Park, on September 30.
Full story from ChicagoLand Soccer News
Fulll story from Philly Soccer News

Sporting Kansas City advanced to the 2015 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Final with a 3-1 come-from-behind victory over Real Salt Lake in front of 16, 117 at Sporting Park on Wednesday.

RSL's Olmes Garcia and KC's Soni Mustivar traded first-half goals , setting up a dramatic final 10 minutes in which Benny Feilhaber and Krisztian Nemeth provided the goals to send Sporting Kansas City into the September 30th championship against the Philadelphia Union at PPL Park.

The visitors got the perfect start, when Garcia converted after a nice passing move. Real Salt Lake maneuvered the ball through the midfield before working it to right back Tony Beltran. He chipped it over the top where Garcia spun his marker before volleying home from 10 yards.

Sporting immediately went on the attack and were level within ten minutes. Feilhaber curled in a free kick from the left side where Mustivar evaded his man and put his header home for his first goal for the club.

In the second half, Sporting KC had the better opportunities, with Real Salt Lake goalkeeper Nick Rimando being called into action time and time again. The veteran shot-stopper finished the night with eight saves - many of them excellent - but he was powerless to keep out the eventual winner.

SKC forward Dom Dwyer picked up the ball around midfield, powered past the RSL backline and fired a shot off the post. The ball rebounded to Feilhaber, who timed his follow up perfectly to finish into the open net.

Minutes later, Sporting put the game out of reach, as Nemeth snuck in after a defensive error, held his cool and finished past Rimando to seal Sporting KC's place in the 102nd U.S. Open Cup Final.

Contact Us | Help | Advertising Information | Terms of Use |Privacy Policy | Site Map
Sports Vue Interactive
© 2014 Sports Vue Interactive, LLC All Rights Reserved